The All India Services (AIS), under the Constitution of India, comprises illustrious civil services in the country, namely, the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), the Indian Police Service (IPS), and the Indian Foreign Service (IFS). Recruitment to the premier IAS, IPS, and IFS services is done via the Civil Services Examination (CSE), which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Considering the extraordinary jobs of civil servants recruited by the means of the civil services examination, suffice it to say that it is not child's play. Successful attempts at this exam requires determination, discipline, and meticulous training.
Thanks to the Narayana Group's tradition of delivering tremendous success in myriad competitive exams both in India and the world, we understand that an exam of this stature necessitates a systematic approach. The kind that is delivered at the Group's IAS coaching centres in Chennai. The Narayana Group, one of the largest educational conglomerates in Asia, continues to enhance students' academic proficiency with nearly 40 years of scholarly vigour. Currently present in 13 states across the country, the Group's various institutes teach more than 360,000 students and employ 35,000 trained teaching and non-teaching faculty in its 560+ centres. The Narayana Group's substantial network isn't comprised of just schools; it also includes junior colleges, coaching centres, medical, engineering and management institutions, and IAS training academies. Though the Group has successfully established itself as the cornerstone of the educational domain over the years, it continues to focus on another important aspect of education: results. Narayana's institutes all over India, including its IAS coaching centres in Chennai, enable students to deliver excellent results in competitive examinations.
The Narayana IAS Academy is a premier institute for public service aspirants that helps them gear up to face and succeed in what is deemed one of the toughest examinations in India. The Academy, founded in 2007, offers four integrated and one exclusive Civil Services programmes. Systematic preparation plans, expert institutional and visiting faculty, appropriate infrastructure, etc. are an integral part of each of these programmes and enable the Academy's students to ace the All India Services exams.
Here's a look at some of the Narayana IAS Academy's important features:
- Module-based classes complemented by novel technology
- Weekly tests followed by in-depth discipline-specific discussions
- Daily newspaper analysis for current affairs
- Regular interactions with senior civil servants and successful candidates
- Discussions with eminent personalities from the academic domain through virtual classrooms
- Group interactions and feedback sessions
- Continuous monitoring of progress for motivation and learning
- Wi-Fi enabled campus that allows students to easily access examination related information
The Narayana Group's academic centres for IAS coaching in Chennai employ a thorough learning approach to ensure the delivery of A grade training to IAS aspirants. The aforementioned system is a well thought out plan that is implemented in stages to provide integrated training practices to students. Here are the key elements of this programme:
- Collaborative classroom instruction: Under the Narayana Group's integrated civil services programme, 50 per cent of the class hours are allotted to board/university examinations while the remaining class hours are used for concentrated all-round development to help students prepare for all CSE rounds. Audio-visual aids, regular library research, and weekend tests that help improve and eventually evaluate students' progress form an important part of the programme.
- Guest lectures and expert guidance: Students benefit from regular guest lectures by illustrious faculty for all CSE-related subjects. In addition to that, influential personalities from varied walks of life, especially current and even former IAS officers and civil servants, offer an abundance of motivation and guidance to students.
- Soft skills training: The Narayana Group's understands just how imperative soft skills are for aspiring IAS officers. Thus, special emphasis is placed upon both language and communication skills by the means of activity-based exercises. This helps instil effective soft skills that especially come in handy during the personality test round. Furthermore, students are also engaged in several activities based on interpersonal relations, group discussions, problem solving, decision making, leadership, team work, analytical abilities and logical reasoning.
- Mock interviews: Students at Narayana IAS Academy go through several rounds of mock interviews to help them gauge and completely understand the gravity of IAS personality tests before hand. With the help of these simulated interviews, students are able to master every necessary aspect such as body Field trips: Field trips are used as a tool to allow students to experience administrative developments along with myriad demanding issues at the grassroot level -- an aspect though usually ignored but imperative to the process of preparing for IAS.
- Workshops and seminars: Students are not only encouraged to attend workshops but are pushed to put together seminars on current national and international topics with socio-economic implications. The idea is to stimulate and develop ingenious thinking and the ability to eloquent communicate about the various subjects relevant to the examination.
- Evaluation: At Narayana's IAS coaching centres in Chennai, students' performance is appraised via a continuous evaluation model. A panel of experts evaluate students' physical, psychological, and emotional development throughout the duration of the course and accordingly counsel them to help improve their respective performances.
- Monthly magazine: The Narayana Civils Express serves as the ideal platform for documentation of knowledge and writing skills. It also helps encourage students to write about current national and international topics, an endeavour that helps improve their overall comprehension of such topics in the process.
- Hostel: The hostel provides accommodation to not only students but also resident tutors. And each hostel unit houses reading rooms, television sections, etc.
- Experienced faculty: The Academy's faculty not only bring brilliant academic background and extensive knowledge to the table but also their professional experience in advanced education. Suffice it to say that each member of the Academy's faculty holds sound conceptual knowledge in their respective disciplines. Besides that, the institutes also tie-up with leading experts in the field who regularly deliver guest lectures and often engage in one-on-one interactions with students.
- Infrastructure: In order to ensure unfettered access to quality resources, the Groups' IAS coaching centres regularly update their technology infrastructure. Students are also able to access their assessment results through the Error Analysis Feedback reports online.
- Library: The institutes provide a vast collection of Civil Services-related resources including books, CDs and DVDs with the aim to offer supplements to the prescribed textbooks. The library also houses periodicals, national and international magazines, and journals to allow students to remain updated with the latest information.
- Fitness: The Academy’s students receive access to various tools for fitness including a gym, training in yoga, meditation, and relaxation techniques.